This all round collection includes the white Vittorioas, 2 green varieties and the appealing purple-spears, ideal for adding colour and flavour to any plate. A brilliant collection of modern, heavy cropping varieties, they will ensure a long period for harvesting he very best of top quality asparagus. Height: 150cm (59″). Spread: 45cm (18″). Supplied as 1 year old crowns.
- Asparagus collection comprises:
- Asparagus Mondeo – Delicious spears with superb flavour and good disease resistance.
- Asparagus Burgundine – Purplespears with a lower lignin content which can be eaten raw or lightly steamed.
- Asparagus Gijnlim – A reliable variety producing delicious green spears with dark purple tips, from early on in the season.
- Asparagus Vittorio – Developed primarily for the white asparagus market, where crops are earthed up by mounding soil around them to produce a tender, white spear.
Plant: February – June
Choices of 16, 20 & 40 Crowns